FS05 - Practical UX & UI Principles to Level Up Your Designs
Each day we are exposed to multitudes of user interfaces (UI) in media, marketing, and design—all geared to grab our attention. Specific principles and techniques (UX) are used to draw us to the next item, scroll down, click here/there, make that purchase, watch that video, or look at that picture. Adopting these techniques and implementing them into our eLearning designs can have a similar engaging impact on learners.
In this session you’ll learn about key principles of user experience and user interface design. Examining how these principles are applied to applications that we interact with daily, through computers and mobile devices, will help us to better implement them in our own work. By understanding why and how to apply UX and UI principles we can provide our learners with seamless, enjoyable interactions and learning experiences. Together we'll explore the difference between UX and UI to gain understanding why each is important and unique, and their impact on our learners. You’ll leave with a clearer vision of the ways you can positively impact your audience’s interaction(s) with the learning experiences you design.
In this session, you will learn:
- The differences between user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design
- Key UX and UI principles that can be applied to online instructional design
- Why these principles are important to apply to your project
- How applying these principles can improve your learner's overall experience
- How to look for and spot good and bad UX/UI