FS10 - Motivation and Learning
We can create the best learning experiences in the world but it won't matter if learners aren't motivated to learn. And even if they do learn, they also need to be motivated to take action on that learning. So how can we influence that motivation in our work in learning and development?
A number of different research-based models exist of human motivation. In this session you'll learn which provide the most actionable recommendations to help learners be motivated, and how to avoid strategies that risk demotivating your audience. You'll look at this research about motivation in a practical way that can help you take models and strategies and determine how best to use them in the context of your work to solve real world challenges.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to translate models (such as self-determination theory) into practical design recommendations
- How to avoid demotivating your learners
- How to evaluate motivation strategies such as incentives or gamification to ensure you are using the most effective strategy for your audience
- How understand the barriers to motivation in your audience
- How to help people be self-directed learners
Digital apps for habit formation